If you'll be the one in the kitchen this year during the Super Bowl, here are some easy yet super delicious appetizers to make for the big game, along with a few ideas on how to display your food in a unique way.
- Bacon Wrapped Potatoes: Cut small, gold potatoes in half, wrap each with half a piece of bacon, and roast. These are so easy and will have your house smelling extra yummy.
- Mini Ranch Burgers: Their name says it all, and the ranch will give these burgers a nice zest.
- Pita Chips and Hummus: Simple, healthy, and a good break from the traditional chips and salsa.
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets: These are not your kids' beloved chicken nuggets–although they are a very healthy alternative! Coat your chicken with crunched up pita chips and Parmesan for an unexpected flavor boost and great texture.
- Nacho Bar : This will give everyone plenty of options to build their own nachos. You can do a variety of chips to match whatever dips you choose to prepare. If possible, the dips could match team colors!
- Build-Your-Own Sandwiches: Meats, cheeses, condiments, and mini sub rolls make this appetizer a filling one. Everyone will love being able to customize their own delicious creation.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries: If you're needing a sweet option, dip strawberries in milk chocolate, then use white chocolate or white icing to draw stitching on them like a football.
Fun Super Bowl Party Food Display Ideas
Football Field Table Cloth: Aside from the actually football game, it's all about the food table. Transform it into a football field with green felt and white ribbons for the 10-yard lines.
Chalkboard: Set up an over-sized chalkboard behind your food table with the words, "Ready, Set, Eat!" written on it. Or have someone who actually knows a thing or two about football draw a game play on the chalkboard. This is a super easy back drop that can even be interactive as your guests come up with their own football puns to write on there throughout the party.
Watermelon Helmet: This one requires some explaining and a skillful hand. By hollowing out a watermelon you can make it into the shape of a football helmet, fill it with fresh fruit, and watch everyone be amazed at your creativity.
Team Colors: If there is unanimously one team that you will all be rooting for, customize your food table to reflect the team's colors. You can do this with the actual food and also by setting out pom poms, jerseys, flags, or other gear you and your friends may have.
Throw a delicious Super Bowl party this year with delicious, yet simple appetizers. Your guests will be blow away by your set up as well.