Before you throw your empty water or soda bottles into the recycling bin, think about how you could recycle them yourself! You can create beautiful artistic flower bouquets with empty water bottles. These simple flowers are great for party centerpieces, outdoor – weather proof arrangements, beautiful window hangers, wall art, chandeliers, crafts for parties and fun unique gifts.
Plastic bottle flowers are an environmentally fun project that only needs a little paint, floral wire, scissors, empty water bottles and your imagination!
What you will need:
- A variety of empty water bottles. The sizes and colors can vary.
- Floral wire
- Paint and brushes (Q-tips work great too)
- Heat gun or blow dryer
- Cut the top 4 inches off the top of the clean, dry water bottle.
- Take the top of the water bottle and begin to cut your petals. You can cut thin, thick, straight, curvy, round or sharp petals – anyway you like.
- Paint the outside of the bottle with the colors of choice, start with the darker colors first and then layer lighter colors for a beautiful blended effect. Let dry.
- Bend the petals back to open the flower up.
- Apply heat from heat gun or blow dryer to each petal from each direction. The petals will begin to curl up and shine! Form them into your desired shape.
- Wrap floral wire around the neck of the bottle to form a stem
- Now take the bottom of the bottle – cut to shape and paint it with greens, yellows and whites to become the greenery for your bouquet.
- Apply heat after paint has dried to form leaves.
- Cut a whole in the center big enough to fit the neck of the flower inside.
- Slide the green leaves on the neck of the flower to add the finishing touch.
You can use foam in the bottom of your vase or basket to hold the flowers in place or simply use floral tape to hold them together.
Once you begin creating these pieces of art you will not want to stop! It is something you can do as a whole family as well, the plastic is not sharp enough to cut children, so get them in on it too!
Plastic water bottle flowers are beautiful for the eyes and the planet!
This post is brought to you by Miami Party Decoration Suppliers.
Not in Miami, FL? No worries, use Wedding and Party Network's handy party planning directory to help you find a party decoration supplier near you!