Tissue paper flowers are an easy, inexpensive way to add some decoration to any event. This simple tutorial with pictures, will walk you through how to make them step by step.
What You'll Need:
- Tissue paper (whatever colors you like)
- Pipe Cleaners
1. Lay out materials2. Begin by measuring and cutting your tissue paper into 10-12” squares. You can do smaller or bigger, but this is for a medium sized flower. You will need 5 pieces of tissue paper. Extra tip: Use different colors for multi colored flowers!
3. Stack the tissue paper
4. Start to fold like a fan
5. Wrap pipe cleaner around folded tissue paper
6. With tissue paper still folded, cut the edge of the tissue, which will end up being the “petals.” You can cut round or pointed to make different petals. Then cut about an inch into the center of the folds to help make the flower full.
7. Begin to unfold your flower. Do this layer by layer to make your flower more full.
8. Keep unfolding
9. Display your flowers for all to see!
You can really get creative with these flowers! Experiment with different size fan folds, different petal cuts and different colors to add variety to your flowers!