Groundhog Day is February 2nd and this is the day everyone finds out if we get 6 more weeks of winter or if spring is coming early. Why not celebrate this day with a little party, because every holiday needs a party, right? Wedding and Party Network has 7 reasons why you should host a Groundhog Day Party.
- Simple party concept – The whole point of this party is finding out whether you have more winter coming or if spring comes early. Everyone gets the concept!
- Brown – Make everything the color brown, considering this is the color of the groundhog.
- Spring or winter – Have your guests dress up as spring or winter. It'll be fun to know what everyone thinks will happen.
- Party games – Your guests can predict the weather, toss a stuffed groundhog into a basket for the little ones, or they can create their own masks. There are many out there for all ages.
- Party decorations – Make part of the room winter and the other part spring. Find blues and whites for winter and pastels for spring. Very easy and such a fun party theme.
- Chocolate – Since we've incorporated brown, chocolate is a must as well. You can go with chocolate cupcakes, chocolate candy, or cookies. Don't forget to serve winter and spring drinks as well.
Groundhog Day can definitely be turned into a party theme. Invite friends, neighbors, and the kids in your neighborhood for a little viewing party. Everyone will enjoy it!
Photo via Aaron Silvers