Everyone loves parties!
Whether your party is for a birthday, graduation or celebration you can turn your fantasy party into a reality with these helpful tips.
Set A Budget!
Make a list of what you will need for the party and then list realistic prices for each item. Create a limit for yourself and stick with it!
Great parties don't have to be expensive:
You can throw an impressive party without breaking the bank. Here are some tips for keeping your party affordable.
- Host the party in your home or a friend's home
- Limit your guest list: Only invite a few people – great friends make for a great party!
- Make your own party invitations or call or email your guests ahead of time.
- Use fresh flowers to decorate with, either from your garden or your local florist.
- Make your own cake or cupcakes, or ask a creative friend to help.
- Buy paper products at discount or dollar stores. Try not to use the character party decorations (Dora, Disney, Handy Manny), they are often priced higher. Go for a more creative and personalized theme.
- Purchase party favors from discount, dollar stores or create your own.
- Keep your party menu simple.
- Purchase a "party package": Check at your local roller skating rink, bowling alley, amusement park, zoo or community pool for party packages. These can sometimes cut costs by including, party favors, food, the cake and the entertainment!
Fabulously Creative Party Themes
- Ice Cream Sunday Party
- Wild Animal Party
- Circus Party
- Pirate Party
- Botanical Explosion – Garden Party
- Butterfly Party
- Super Mario Party
- Lego World Party
- Hello Kitty Party
- Tie Dye Party
When throwing a party for kids, not having enough activities can be disastrous! Be creative and ready, planning at least five or six different games or activities will be enough entertainment for the party. Even if it is just hide and go seek with a twist of pirate style or hopscotch! Just be ready to entertain!
You want your party to be as stress free as possible. Make sure you have help; Ask other parents to help supervise the party, especially if you have several children attending.
- Cocktail Party
- Fiesta Time!
- Murder Mystery
- Christmas in July
- Tea Party
- Wine Tasting Party – Yum!
- Retro Party
- Beach Party
- Jacuzzi Party
- Vintage Hawaiian Luau
- Rolling 1920's
Parties are for having fun, don't forget that even though you are the host, you are still a guest at your fabulous party and you deserve to enjoy it too!
This post is brought to you by Washington, D.C. Party Planners.
Not in Washington, D.C.? No worries, use Wedding and Party Network's handy party planning directory to help you find a caterer near you!