You're planning a wedding, congratulations! How great is that! It's your special day and being one of the most important days of your life you want it to be perfect. You want everything to go according to plan. What helps make your day run smoothly? A main factor in that is who you hire on your wedding day. These people definitely help your day run smoothly and you want them to understand that. Of course, you think of caterers, florists and your venue. However, do you think about your musical entertainment. They must know when to play what and keep the entertainment going on all night long. So, Wedding and Party Network has a list of questions that you might consider asking your DJ.
1. Do You Have A Contract? Most often, vendors have written contracts that you share between one another. A written contract shows professionalism. There are a lot of people out there that may say they're a dj and show up with an Ipod and a set of basic speakers. So, you want someone professional. A written contract shows you what to expect, from setup to the outline of what is required from them. This gives you a great idea on what you can expect from them, while on the other hand what is expected from you in terms of payments, when to pay and what you need to do on your part.
2. Are You The DJ? Ask the person you're talking with if they will be the dj at your wedding or if it will be someone else. It's a great idea to meet with your dj so you feel a connection with them. You want to feel comfortable with them, which makes your night more enjoyable.
3. Can We Meet? You actually may want to meet with your dj. You meet with the rest of your vendors, so why not them? They are going to be in control of the entertainment for the evening. You want to click with the dj and feel confident that they understand your needs and will provide amazing entertainment all night long.
4. How Long? You may want to look around at other people or have something holding you back, so ask how long they will hold your date for you. Make sure you know this after talking with them so you can get back with the asap.
5. How Many Events Have You Done? This may or may not be important. However, it's always nice to see how many events and how much experience they do have within their profession.
6. What Makes You Stand Out From Your Competitors? This is a great question to ask to find out what they offer than their competitors. This is a great question to ask to find out why basically you should pick them and not someone else. What can they do for you?
7. Do You Make All Of The Announcements? Do you act as the emcee for the night? Do you make all of the announcements during the night or do we need to find someone else for that job? This is an important role for any major event and will definitely make your night less stressful not having to worry about making announcements.
8. What Actually Is Included In The Cost? What exactly do I get with the cost? You may just be receiving the basic, basic package. It may not include any lights or anything. So, ask.
9. How Up-To-Date Is Your Music Library, Can We Make Requests? Of course, you want to know if they have the type of music you enjoy. You don't want to hire a dj who has a lacking music library. It's definitely best to find out if they have any of the music you like and if they're willing to get it if they don't.
10. Can We Speak To Your References and Can We Visit You At One Of Your Events? You want to know that they are going to provide you with the very best. So, what better way to experience this than by attending one of their events or contacting past references.
Whenever you hire a dj, there's more to know than just knowing how much they're going to cost. You want to know that they're going to be worth every penny that you spend and provide all that you need for your wedding, birthday party, or special gala. It's important to find someone who will provide great entertainment all night long.
This post is brought to you by St Louis Music Entertainment.
Not in St. Louis, MO? No worries, use Wedding and Party Network's handy party planning directory to help you find musical entertainment near you!