When planning your wedding, there are many different elements that you must research and plan. You must research different vendors to see if they are the right fit for you and research different wedding ideas. You must ask your vendors different questions to better understand them and they should always go above and beyond to please their customers. This goes for all vendors, even your bakery, especially since your wedding cake is one of the most important details on your big day. So, Wedding and Party Network has compiled a list of questions that you may want to ask before you hire your baker to create your dream wedding cake.
- wedding cakes you've made that we can look at? You want to take a look at their previous works that they've done before. Take a look at their photos and see if their cakes are the style that you like and if they are professional.
- Can you supply references? Do you have previous clients that we can contact for references? It's always great to check with their previous clients to see if they are easy to work with and are professional.
- How adaptable are wedding cake designs due to budget constraints? Of course, you want the wedding cake of your dreams. However, sometimes your budget doesn't allow for that. Therefore, it's nice to show your baker a picture of your wedding cake that you would like and see what they can do. They should have great ideas on how to replicate it and make it your own while staying within your budget.
- Will you design a custom wedding cake? You may want a specific type of wedding cake, so can your cake design create it? It's important that they go above and beyond to create a stunning wedding cake that you want.
- Can you coordinate with my florist? Your cake topper is a special part of your wedding cake. It could be anything, but a big trend is using fresh flowers on your wedding cake and as the cake topper. If you are going to use fresh flowers for your cake topper, make sure they are both open to working with each other.
- Do you have or rent out accessories such as, cake toppers, stands, fountains or cake cutters? You may not these items, however, sometimes your bakery supplies these items or rents them out. So, it's just a nice question to ask up front so you can plan accordingly.
- What ingredients do you use, as well as what type of icing? Ask them what type of flavors they offer and what ingredients they use within their cakes. This is the time to let them know if anyone has any allergies. You want variety to choose from when planning what type of wedding cake you will have at your wedding. Also, ask about what type of icing they use. They either do buttercream, fondant or both. Find the one that is best suited for your cake and what you like best.
- How are your cakes charged? Ask them about their pricing. Do they charge their cakes by the slice or by the cake itself. Is there extra costs for filling, how many tiers, flavors or type of icing I use? Definitely get price quotes so you can compare later and see if it fits in your budget.
- Do you deliver your cakes? Having your wedding cake delivered to the location is an important aspect. If not, you will need to find someone to pick up your cake on your wedding day.
- Is there a written contract? Like any agreement, you want a formal written contract. It's important that there are guidelines laid out, deposits, cancellations on both parts and any other important terms and guidelines you must follow. You want to make sure both parties are doing exactly what they signed to do.
Your wedding cake is an important detail of your wedding, therefore, you want to find a baker that understands just that and will go above and beyond to create the cake of your dreams.
This post is brought to you by Oklahoma City Wedding Bakeries.
Not in Oklahoma City, OK? No worries, use Wedding and Party Network's handy wedding planning directory to help you find a wedding planner near you!