When it comes to planning a wedding, there are so many little details that go into it. These little details can certainly add up, making it costly. However, there are ways that you can cut back on your cost to make sure you get everything you want on your wedding budget. So, Wedding and Party Network has a few tips for a budget friendly wedding.
- Choose a free or budget friendly wedding venue. Your location can definitely be a big chunk of your wedding budget, therefore, try to find a location that is free, like a backyard, or relatively inexpensive. You can spend more within your wedding decor and truly spruce up your venue.
- For your wedding, choose an unexpected date. Of course, Saturday is the expected date of any wedding. So, choose a Friday or even a Sunday afternoon. Your venue will be a bit cheaper, which will help on your budget.
- Have a potluck for your wedding. If you're inviting close friends and family or even a bigger wedding, you can recruit your closer friends and family members to help with the food. Your possibilities are endless. This can also make your wedding more personable by serving some of your favorite dishes at your wedding, like your mother's favorite pasta dish or your grandmother's favorite pie.
- Keep it small and personable. More guests mean more money. Therefore, keep your wedding small and intimate.
- Ask for help from your friends and family members. Do any of them have any special decorating, cooking or sewing skills? Ask them for help. That could even be their wedding gift to you.
- Skip the DJ. Yes, they can make your wedding fun. However, it's not a necessity. Be your own DJ. You can easily get a radio or even find a friend with some nice sound equipment and put your iPod on shuffle. Guests can control the music all night long, which may make it even better without a DJ.
- There are various other items that are not a necessity at your wedding. You can skip the save the date cards or make them yourself, you don't need a big wedding party and even have a rehearsal dinner. You can focus your money where you would like to for your wedding by eliminating things that are of least importance to you.
When it comes to planning your wedding, take a step back and ask yourself what's important and what's not. It's important to cut back on what's not important to you and focus on the things you really want for your wedding. This will definitely make your wedding more budget friendly.