Your buddy's getting married. He's asked you to be a groomsman and you accepted (of course). Not sure what that requires? Relax! Here's a wedding checklist designed specially to help you remember your groomsmen duties.
Groomsmen Duties Before The Wedding:
- Possibly help groom choose formal wear
- Attend tuxedo fittings and alterations as needed
- Attend couple's wedding shower if one is thrown
- Help plan, attend, and enjoy the bachelor party!
Groomsmen Duties During The Ceremony:
- (If you are an usher) Stand at the door ready to escort guests to their seats
- Escort bridesmaid to altar or stage during processional
- Stand with groom, best man and groomsmen at altar or stage throughout ceremony
- Escort bridesmaid during recessional
Groomsmen Duties During The Reception:
- Sit at head table (if assigned)
- May be announced at reception
- Take part in first dance (if wedding party is invited to participate)
Now you're ready to be the best groomsman at the wedding!