There is so much planning that goes into a wedding. So many details and dates to remember that you may get things a bit mixed up. One aspect of your wedding that you must get right is your wedding invitation. They contain very important details for everyone. Wedding and Party Network has a few tips for your wedding invitations.
When to orderwedding invitations? Definitely give yourself enough time to find invitations that match the style of your wedding. You want to do your research for your invitations. This is the first thing your guests will see, therefore, these are first impressions for your wedding. So, searching for your wedding invitations should be the first thing you do after you've set a date, time, and location. Ordering them the sooner the better but giving yourself plenty of time to find the perfect invitation for your wedding is the way to go. Don't forget to check order time and policies as well. Definitely order them atleast four months in advance and your save the dates even sooner.
When should you send your wedding invitations
- Save the dates – Send these out 6-8 months in advance. This gives your guests a heads up of when your wedding will take place so they can put it on their calendar and book hotels or travel plans if it's a destination wedding.
- Wedding invitations – These should be mailed 6-8 weeks before the wedding. You don't want to send them out too soon that they'll forget and too late otherwise your guests won't be able to make it. Also, be aware of holidays, school events, or major occasions.
- Other wedding stationery – Don't forget about the table numbers, place cards, programs, RSVP cards, and thank you cards.
A little extra
- Order extra – Always order extra. 10-20 extra invitations should be good. You never know who your parents may invite or people you may have forgotten.
- Important information – Make a list of all the names and addresses of your guests. Having a list will also give you a great way to get the final head count for your caterer, venue, and if you are block off hotel rooms.
Wedding invitations are truly important. They are the first impression of your wedding and contain very important details. Make sure to put a lot of thought into your wedding invitations.
This post is brought to you by Saint Louis Wedding Invitation
Not in Saint Louis, MO? No worries, use Wedding and Party Network's handy wedding planning directory to help you find wedding invitations near you!