You don't have to be on a strict budget to love this wedding flower trend. In fact, it's perfect regardless of your budget! Brides are now choosing to use florists and flower wholesalers who provide a selection of flowers and allow the bride to come in and literally pick out / pick up the flowers that she wants for her wedding.
Imagine walking into a warehouse full of fresh cut flowers. Every style you could imagine is there including premium flowers, the standards, and a mass of greenery. If you're wanting to save some money or just have a hands-on experience in your wedding planning, this set up is perfect! You'll look like the preverbial "kid in a candy store" and feel like you're the year's most savvy, involved and smartest bride.
Here's the basics of this trend:
- Brides want to buy their own flowers and cut out the middle man so they go to a flower wholesaler. Many sell to florists only but there are several that sell to whomever wants to buy their flowers.
- Brides walk in and pick out / pick up all of the flowers that they will need for their wedding bouquets, altar arrangements, wedding reception centerpieces, and other wedding flowers. If it's floral and at the wedding, they find and buy it at the wholesaler.
- Brides take their finds and either create the wedding flowers themselves or hire a local florist to create the arrangements.
Here's why this is a helpful wedding trend (and why brides love it):
- Saves money which allows other areas of the budget to be enhanced
- Allows a more hands-on involvement with the wedding planning
- Ensures the bride gets exactly what she wants because SHE picks it out
All things considered, this is one fun way to make sure that your wedding flowers are exactly what you want with no middle men to worry about and more dinero for other items like the wedding cake.