Wedding cakes come in many shapes and sizes. However, did you know that wedding cakes also come in many flavors? Now it’s ok to save the plain white for the wedding dress and opt for more bold flavors with the wedding cake. Chocolate and white cake are the standards but there are many other flavors that the modern bride may wish to choose.
- “For Richer or Poorer” – The richer the better for some and chocolate wedding cakes are a huge hit because, let’s be honest, who doesn’t like chocolate cake?
- “Forsaking All Others” – For the sake of yummy vanilla wedding cake. “Plain white” though it may seem, this decadent dessert is just as tasty as many others which is why it has remained a standard.
- “To Have and To Hold” – Have your cake, eat it too, hold it in your hand and shove it in your groom’s mouth. Marble which blends two or more flavors, spice, carrot, red velvet and other flavors are perfect for this standard part of the wedding reception.
- “In Sickness and In Health” – If an apple a day keeps the doctor away, why not try an apple wedding cake?
- “Til Death Do Us Part” – It’s easy to feel this attached to popular wedding cake flavors such as banana, pumpkin, lemon, orange, and coconut.
Whichever favorite flavor the bride chooses, wedding cakes are a huge part of the reception. Whether a standard like chocolate or a fresh idea like butter pecan, wedding cakes flavors help the bride savor another part of her wedding. When the first anniversary rolls around and it’s time to revisit the top layer, the bride will be reconnected with special moments from the big day.