When you think of camping, you immediately think of it being a boy party. Most girls don't enjoy being outside in the dirt, mud and bugs. So, a camping party never crosses your mind when planning a birthday party for girls. However, you can and it doesn't have to be dirty. Wedding and Party Network has some party ideas and a great party theme for this camping party in style.
First things first, you need to focus on where you will be having the party. Since most girls may not enjoy being outside, take the party inside your home. Next, choose a place for the tents and where everyone will "camp out" at.
If you don't have space for several tents, make one big one. You can easily create a tent out of some pvc pipe and a white sheet for a glamorous tent. Use draping techniques and tie up each corner with ribbons. From there, you can place the sleeping bags inside.
Along with any party, there needs to be designated locations for each activity. Have the kitchen setup for snacks, let outside be designated for the campfire, party favors and other activities that you have planned should all be set up in different locations.
With every party, paying attention to the smallest details are important. These little details are what makes any party stand out, so they should be focused on.
- Party Invitations – A few ideas for this party invitation would be a cute s'more, tent or a pink sleeping bag. Just make sure they're glamorous and show off the theme of the party.
- Camping Decorations – Incorporate the outdoors into this party scheme. Twigs, twine, tree stumps, branches, moss and anything natural are all great party accents. Twigs & branches are great to use in party centerpieces while tree stumps make varying levels on your party food display. Don't forget to choose a color, like a deep plum or aqua color would look great paired with these natural elements. Also, include lanterns that hang from the ceiling for a fun accent.
- Party Food – Just keep in mind what you would normally eat when you go camping when creating your party menu. Hot dogs, hamburgers and sandwiches are great for this party, except with a twist. Create sliders with a condiment bar and create miniature pigs in a blanket. Also, a fun little side is fruit on kabobs. Your caterer will also have lots of ideas for this type of party as well.
- Campfire Desserts –The first thing you think of when planning for a camping trip are marshmallows and chocolate. Let the girls create their own s'mores for desserts, but also serve up outdoor themed cookies, chocolate dipped marshmallows, cupcakes with orange-colored marshmallow fondant, candy apples and don't forget to serve up a midnight snack for them.
- Party Favors – Fill up a paper lantern or a small lantern with candy or create a gift box that features all the makings for s'mores at home. Even a branch with a bag attached to it with s'mores ingredients would be adorable.
This party is not only great for girls who enjoy staying inside, but can be catered towards the guys as well during the hot summer months and the cold winter months when it's a bit unbearable to go outside. Let the kids run wild with this camping party!
This post is brought to you by Miami Party Invitation Suppliers.
Not in Miami, FL? No worries, use Wedding and Party Network's handy party planning directory to help you find a party invitation supplier near you!