If you have a relative celebrating their 60th birthday this year, consider throwing a Party with a "Sock Hop" theme. Those born in 1949 will remember the 50’s and will appreciate a nostalgic trip down memory lane.
What You Need For A "Sock Hop" 60th Birthday Party
1) A Classic Car. Have the honoree picked up and driven to the party site in a classic car from that era. This will set the stage for what’s to come.
2) Sounds From The 50's. Don't forget the music which was a huge part of the 50’s. Hire a DJ to spin 50's tunes or turn in to the fifties channel on your stereo.
3) A 50's Atmosphere. Decorate your walls with pictures of the honoree from the 50’s that have been enlarged. Decorate with retro items. Create a 50's atmosphere by setting up a "Malt Shop" bar with 50's memorabilia including glasses containing hand-dipped milkshakes and malts.
4) The Taste of the 50's. If you’re serving a meal, consider classics like meatloaf and mashed potatoes or drive-in favorites like burgers and fries.
5) Party like they did back when. Hula hoops came of age in the 50’s, so why not have a hula hoop contest?
6) A trip down memory lane. Most of all, give the guests an opportunity to pay tribute to the guest of honor. A 60th birthday is a special milestone and it’s a great time to tell humorous stories and anecdotes about the honoree. With a trip down memory lane the stories should be abundant and a great way to share how important the guests and birthday boy/girl are to each other.
So stroll down to the party store and pick up some 50’s theme party supplies and in no time your 60 year old birthday boy/girl will be rocking and rolling their way to fabulous birthday.