Use these Do tips when you plan your next party for appetizing party food.
- Do consider a variety of hot and cold foods.
- Do keep in mind any restrictions your guest might have, such as religious restrictions, food allergies, or vegetarian diets.
- Do make a checklist and shopping list so you don't forget any ingredients or decorations.
- Do plan for 4 to 6 hors d'oeuvres per person per hour.
- Do plan on 6 to 8 ounces of meat or main dish servings per person for your main course.
- Do keep cost down by using in season fruits and vegetables.
- Do try to serve different taste and textures. If you're serving beef for dinner, use compatible foods such as seafood or chicken in your appetizers.
- Do try to prepare some foods the day before. Such as,your dips, sauces and deserts and cut up your veggies the day before. This pre-prepping will reduce your stress and cooking time. Just make sure you're pre-prepped items will hold over night.
- Do use beautifully arranged food trays and deserts as your centerpiece. Using food as centerpieces is a really nice way decorate.
This post is brought to you by Cambridge Party Caterer providers.
Not in Cambridge, MA? No worries, use Wedding and Party Network's handy party planning directory to help you find a party caterer near you!