Don't wait until the last minute to consult a florist about your wedding flowers.
- It is best to consult a local florist about your wedding flowers at least 6 months before your wedding date.
- Be sure to allow 1 to 2 hours with the florist for your initial wedding flower idea consultation.
- Discuss your flower choices and whether they will be in season for your wedding date.
- It is helpful to show the florist what wedding flower ideas you have with pictures from bridal magazines. Include pictures of bridal bouquets, bridesmaid bouquets, boutonnieres, wedding bouquets and wedding ceremony flowers. Pictures of your wedding gown and bridesmaid dresses will help the florist coordinate wedding flower colors. Leaving a sample of the fabrics is also beneficial.
- Be sure to inform your florist of all the wedding participants and their flower needs – boutonnières, corsage as well as bouquets.
When planning flowers for your wedding and reception it is good to have a floor plan and pictures of both the wedding ceremony site and reception site. This way the florist can give wedding ceremony flower placement ideas as well as wedding reception flower ideas.
Remember to convey to your florists the mood you want to create and advance planning makes the difference.