When planning your wedding, finding the perfect dress probably ranks pretty high on your to-do list. It is no wonder that shopping for the wedding dress is usually one of the first things a bride-to-be does when planning her wedding. The dress is a vital part of the wedding festivities. All eyes will be on the beautiful bride as she glides down the isle and she will want to look her best.
Before shopping for your perfect dress there are a few issues to consider:
- Decide how formal your ceremony and reception will be. Try to match the style of your wedding gown to the formality of your wedding so that you do not look out of place.
- Decide on a budget. Think about a range of what you would like to spend and try to stay within your guidelines.
- When choosing the style and fabric of your dress, take into consideration the weather in your area and what time of year you will be getting married. If you are having an outdoor wedding the elements will play a bigger role in dress choice.
- Start looking early. It may take you a while to find the perfect dress and alterations take time. If you choose to have your dress made allow plenty of time. Dressmakers may need several months. Finding your dress should be one of your first priorities after the major decisions like the date and location.
- Pick a style that is flattering to your body type. Trendy dresses are fine, but they may not always look good on each body type. Also think about your comfort, not just your appearance. A heavy beaded gown could feel like it is weighing you down after hours of standing and dancing.
Finding the perfect dress may not be easy, but when you do you’ll know. The Wedding and Party Network can help make that experience a lot easier with links to bridal shops in your area.