A wedding receptions is a great way to celebrate your big day. While receptions are meant to be fun, planning them can take some time and effort. These wedding tips will give you some ideas concerning protocol and courtesy issues:
- Provide guests with a creative guest book to sign at the reception.
- Establish a degree of formality for your reception, let your guests know and stick with it.
- Have seating for elderly or pregnant guests at your reception if you don't plan to have seating for everyone.
- Have a time-line for your reception. A time-line will help make sure everything, such as cake cutting, toasts, and special dances occur before the party ends.
- Have someone load your gifts at the beginning of the reception. This will save the happy couple a lot of time when they decide to depart the reception.
- Attempt to greet every guest at your reception.
- Keep toasts brief and to a minimum.
- Don't wait until the very end of your reception to leave. It isn't proper for the married couple to leave after all the guests have left.
- It is a good gesture to present both sets of parents with joint gifts from the bride and groom. It adds a special touch if you choose to do this at your reception for all your guests to see.