Are you planning a party? Do you think it's a lot of work? When planning do you follow the party etiquette rules that you've always heard people talk about? Well, you may have heard wrong. Wedding and Party Network is here to put all those party myths to rest.
Myth #1. Throwing a joint party is never successful
Wrong! You can combine birthday's, holidays, and special occasions without taking away the spotlight from the special guests. Whether it be two birthday parties at once or maybe combined baby showers, the two focal points will create a one-of-a-kind party!
- Intertwine two mini themes or create one party theme that covers both occasions to celebrate with style. Depending on what you are celebrating, your menu, entertainment and activities will revolve around each special guest. Having two-party cakes is a great option or you can create a desert bar with several finger-food desserts so you will satisfy both guests of honor. Create a neutral menu to include both occasions. Say you're having a child's birthday party and an anniversary party together, the themes can be beach/mermaid theme. These two things create the same feel, yet are two separate themes.
Myth #2. If you want to throw a successful party, you have to spend a fortune!
Not so! If you are throwing a big bash, things can add up quickly leaving you with a big bill. However, with a little creativity and imagination your party can be a hit without breaking the bank.
- Start by creating a budget and make sure you stick with it. It's best to leave a little elbow room in case you need any last-minute extras. Home made party decor is always the safest bet when trying to keep costs low. Dollar stores and craft stores have great inexpensive party decor that will mix well with anything home-made. Balloons are a great choice for decor when you are on a budget, they look great, take up a lot of room and don't cost much at all. Flowers are also a great way to bring class and elegance to any party. You can easily work with a florist to create simple centerpieces that will keep you in your budget. As far as your menu goes, think small finger foods or go for a potluck party where your guests will bring a dish to pass.
Myth #3. Every party has to have a theme.
A party is a party with or without a theme! Bringing friends and family together to celebrate for no reason at all is nothing short of FUN! Even if you are throwing a birthday party, it doesn't have to have a theme, just invite your friends and family over for some great bonding time. You can still have your cake, your party food and even decor, without having a theme or even a reason to party!
Myth #4. You have to invite everyone to your party, other wise you will offend people.
If you are throwing a big bash, it's easy to invite all of your friends and family to join in on the celebration. If your party is more intimate, it can be difficult to narrow down your guest list without offending certain people. Here is how to do it without offending anyone!
Start by making a list of all the people you would normally invite. Next, break down your list into three categories including,
- People you NEED to invite.
- People you would LIKE to invite.
- People who you MIGHT invite.
Myth #5. Creating a party menu is too much work.
We live in a time where the world is at our fingertips. Creating a party menu is as easy as 1. 2. 3. You just need to know where to begin!
- If preparing your own food is out of the question, all you will need to do is a have a broad idea of the type of food you want, the date and time of your party and a list of local caterers. Party Caterers will build your menu for you without a fuss. Desserts? YES! Along with a themed cake, also incorporate delicious desserts into your menu. Professional bakers are trained with pioneering techniques and can create some mind-boggling desserts. All you need is an idea of what you want your cake or dessert to represent and your baker will do the rest.
With a little creativity and a touch of imagination your can bring your perfect party to life! Have fun and enjoy the ride as well as the destination!