Everyone has heard of a selfie. And now, they're being included in weddings. This is a great alternative to the wedding photo booths. All you need is a backdrop and even jazz it up with some decorations. Don't forget to include your wedding's hashtag somewhere visible so you can look through all the pictures taken.
When it comes to think about your wedding guest book, it doesn't have to be just a book. While those are wonderful, there are many great ideas out there that can be displayed throughout your home to remember your day by. Here are a few ideas that you can incorporate into your wedding:
- Quilt – Have your guests sign a piece of a quilt. This can be displayed in your living room or bedroom.
- Furniture – Think about having your guests sign a bench or even a table. This is a fun piece to include in your home.
- Wine Corks – Guests can each sign a wine cork. These can then be turned into a corkboard or even just displayed in a pretty bowl.
- Globe – If you love to travel, a globe would be perfect for your guest book.
- Frame – Have your guests sign a picture frame that can later be used to display a wedding photo.
These are all wonderful ideas that we love. Do you have a unique idea? Share them with us at email@example.com.
There are a variety of color combinations to choose from for your wedding. However, one that is making a stand out amongst brides is dusty blue. This gorgeous color pairs well with creams, whites and light pinks. However, this color should be the main focal point. Include it within your wedding bouquet, reception centerpieces, wedding dress, as well as your groom. How will you incorporate this color into your wedding? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You've all seen Washi Tape. If you haven't, you're missing out of this latest trend. If you don't know what it is, it's basically printed tape. Did you know there are lots of ways to include this in your next party? Here are a few ideas:
- Party Glasses – If you're using disposable cups, you can decorate the cups with this tape to make them unique. Another great idea is using the tape as name tags on your glasses.
- Flags – Use washi tape to create adorable flags. Easy to make and can be displayed on straws or within centerpieces.
- Napkin Rings – Take your napkin, wrap it around silverware and then tape it closed. This is a really fun detail to add.
- Vases – Same thing goes here as it does for the cups. If you want to add a little flair to your vases, simply add this tape.
Washi tape comes in a variety of colors. It's so easy to just pick which designs go with your party best and incorporate them into it. What are your plans to do with it? Share them with us at email@example.com
Who doesn't love brunch and of course, you're ready to plan your grand wedding. So, why not combine those two together? It's totally unique and just as fun. Serving a variety of pastries and all things breakfast sounds delicious. You could even include a mimosa bar, as well as a crepe bar into your wedding. The only thing that really changes is the time and food. If you have your wedding earlier in the day, you could possibly have a wedding that lasts all day and into the night. Think about the fun activities you could plan.
On one of your friend's biggest days, you need to be prepared as ever. It's not your day, so you shouldn't be running last minute errands for yourself. It's very important to pack everything you need, which is why we created this bridesmaid wedding day packing list.
- Your Dress (Of Course!) – Tip: Use a garment bag.
- Shoes – Tip: Break them in beforehand since you'll be standing quite a bit that day.
- Undergarments – Tip: Make sure to try these on with your dress before the wedding.
- Comfortable outfit & button up top to get ready in.
- Band aids, Shout wipes, Sewing kit
- Bobby Pins
- Cell phone charger
This is just a basic list. Of course, think of what you may need atleast a week before the big day. It's better to over pack than under.
Summer is upon us and now is the time to start planning your summer parties. This month's newsletter gives you a few tips for planning a summer soiree that will help you create an outstanding party, yet without a lot of fuss.
To read more on our back-to-school tips, check out our article Preparing For Back-to-School.
Columbia Chef Catering
Tasteful elegance is accomplished only by caterers who are experienced and professional in all they do. Columbia Chef Catering delivers only the best to your special event. Executive chefs Betty Spittel and Thomas Franklin combine over 45 years of culinary expertise to create the amazing meals for your dining pleasure. Learn more about Columbia Chef Catering.
Sounds Abound Entertainment
Nothing quite sets the excitement level like a professional DJ. Add in the best of the best, and this celebration will be taken to the next level. Sounds Abound Entertainment isn’t your average DJ company. They have satisfied thousands of customers and has become synonymous with first-rate performance and customer service. Learn more about Sounds Abound Entertainment.
When planning weddings, brides lean towards choosing a theme for their wedding. What themes are trending this year? One that is popular amongst brides is a garden theme. How do you incorporate details to get this look? Think about including nature elements throughout your wedding, even on the wedding invitations. Also, think about the elements you find in a garden. Are there any unique ways you can include those in your wedding? Also, another great starting point is talking with your florist. They will have so many wonderful ideas that you can incorporate throughout your wedding. What are your ideas? Share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Wedding Wednesday Question
How do you handle the cancellation of a wedding? The couple has come to terms that they just aren't ready for marriage and the wedding invitations have been sent out.
It's best to send out cards to your guests stating the wedding has been cancelled or postponed. However, if it's too late for that, a phone call will do.
We hope this answered your question!
If you have more wedding questions, send them to: email@example.com
Every Wednesday we will post answers to your biggest wedding questions.