Your bridal shower is a major event that happens during the wedding process. You are really showered with love. This day is really important, it is all about you and how often does that happen? Even the groom isn't a major part of this big day, he probably isn't too thrilled about getting kitchen or household items in reality. However, that doesn't mean that you aren't? Therefore, you should stand out on this day. So, Wedding and Party Network has a few tips on what to wear to your bridal shower.
1. If you have to ask yourself is this dressy enough, it's not. – Always go with the dressier outfit, especially since this event is for you. You don't want to be the most under dressed person there. Therefore, dress up.
2. No Jeans – Again, this event is all about you. It's your time to shine and to celebrate a special time in your life. So, please, no jeans for your bridal shower. Wear a dress, skirt or even dress pants if skirts and dresses aren't your thing.
3. Plan In Advance – Yes, shopping may not be for every girl. However, please shop in advance for your shower outfit. You need to shine and find an outfit that you look great, as well as be comfortable in.
4. Plan For The Season – If your shower is being held outdoors or in the middle of summer, a light cotton dress is ideal. However, if it's during the cooler months, you can wear tights or bring a sweater or shawl with you. Look ahead at the weather and see what it will be like on the weekend. Will it be raining, cooler weather or warmer weather? Just make sure to look ahead.
5. Be Modest & Respectful – Yes, a bridal shower is different from a bachelorette party. It's more of a formal affair or conservative. Your bridal shower will be a mixed event of close family and friends. Along with family members and friends, a lot of photos will be taken. So, be a little modest and cover up.
6. Hair & Makeup – Lets not forget about your hair and makeup. Keep you makeup light and refreshing. Definitely don't over do it. You want to look natural. For your hair, there are so many unique ways that you can style it. You can do unique braids, updos, curl it or leave it straight. However, don't go overload by styling it how it could look on your wedding day.
This post is brought to you by Miami Wedding Planners.
Not in Miami, FL? No worries, use Wedding and Party Network's handy wedding planning directory to help you find a wedding planner near you!