Planning a wedding is truly stressful. And it's ok to recruit help for your wedding. There are many little details that need your attention 24/7. This is where a wedding planner can truly help. So, how do you choose the right one? Wedding and Party Network has a few tips on how you can find the right wedding planner for you.
- Set up a meeting and be prepared - Be prepared in knowing your wedding date, guest count, and budget before meeting with a planner. It may even help to come prepared with your wedding day vision so they can get an understanding of you.
- Look through their portfolio - Looking through their portfolio will give you great ideas for designs and also give you a better understanding of your coordinator's design style. Also, ask them if it was their idea, a vendors, or a bride they worked with. Gain as much insight as you can on how your planner will handle your wedding and the vendors they use.
- Think about your meeting as a date - That may sound weird, but you should be able to connect with them like you would on a first date. Be prepared to talk about yourself, as well as listen about them too. You should just click. And remember, you'll be spending a lot of time with them.
- Ask questions - Don't be afraid to ask questions. If they won't answer your questions, don't hire them.
- Go with your gut - This is important. You should definitely feel like the planner gets you. Did they listen and get enthusiastic about your wedding? Did you get a good feeling when talking to them?
Remember, you'll be spending a lot of time with your wedding coordinator. Plus, you must have complete trust in them. They will be creating your once in a lifetime wedding.